Sunday 27 January 2013

Listmania

Along with getting the house and gardens sorted out and running smoothly, I really want to get a blogging routine going this year. In keeping with my need for accountability, I've decided to join in with Home Life Simplified's weekly link up, List mania.

For the first time ever, I'm on time for week one. So, here we go.


Currently I am:

Reading:

A little sci-fi trash piece by Mercedes Lackey called Invasion. So far it's about super powered people fighting alien Nazis. What more could a person want? On a more serious note, I'm also reading the guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge. The alien Nazis are a lot more fun. 

Listening to:

Right now I'm listening to the tennis. Music wise, I'm loving Alt-J, Grimes and Major Lazer. 

Laughing at:

Nailed It as a meme. Google it. You won't regret it.

Swooning over:

Not sure if I'm actually swooning, but I really like the Expedit bookcase at Ikea and covet some apothecary jars from Provincial Living. 

Planning:

How I can use apothecary jars from Provincial Living to decorate the mantelpiece. 

Eating lots of:

Blue heaven milkshakes. I hadn't had one for years, and in the past week I've had four! I'm also ashamed to confess to buying hot cross buns already. In January. The shame!

Feeling:

Very tired! 

Discovering:

Finding a job is going to be more difficult than I imagined. The last time I was looking for work was seven years ago. Getting my resume up to scratch is proving a struggle. What achievements? I just did my job!

Looking at:

Photos of beautiful kitchens and bathrooms. I probably should avoid this while renting. It's like interior design is addictive. 

Wearing:

Lots of skirts and t-shirts with havianas. Wearing real shoes is going to be a come down when the weather gets cooler.

Cooking:

I made some fantastic bread rolls and Asian-spiced chicken burgers on Thursday night. There's been a few really good prawn curries on high rotation, too. And on Monday I made strawberry cupcakes. There's no such thing as too many strawberry dishes. 

Wondering:

If my the photos I have for sale on Fotolia will make me any money. And what to shoot next that might increase my chances of making some sales. You can find a couple here and here. Hopefully my portfolio will grow quickly.

Trying out:

Warning: nerd alert! I'm trying out astro photography using my telescope. And I'm loving it!



2 comments:

Deb @ inner compass designs said...

what are blue heaven milkshakes? sounds intriguing

love the idea of astro photography - very cool

welcome to the linky!

Ms Agility said...

Blue heaven isn't all that common, and I'm not sure why. According to McKenzies, who make the topping, it's a blend of vanilla and raspberry. I can't taste the raspberry, myself, but it's definitely more than vanilla. Either way, I love it!

Thanks for hosting - not sure how I'm going to fit so many new blogs in to my schedule :)

Being agile

Keeping the house running smoothly is not my forte. I'm not one of those people with a beautifully lit, flawlessly styled, immaculately clean homes. If you're looking for that sort of site, keep searching.

This site is for people who want to try a new approach to getting organized. One that isn't perfect, but is good enough. This is about applying project methodology to the home and getting it running the agile way.