Sunday 27 January 2013

Everyone's talking about...

It's coming in to spring in the northern hemisphere, so spring cleaning is getting a bit of a working over. I'm not an advocate of spring cleaning; it's just in time, not so much just enough. In fact, it's often not even just in time, which means repeated effort. That said, Mother Nature Network has hints on high impact tasks that make a difference to how clean your house feels. Check it out here.

Our budding artist went all out with a ballpoint pen and the couch earlier this week. I found this tip on how to clean it up. It's taking a long time, but it is working. The downside is that I'm starting to associate cleaning the couch with fish and chips. The up side is that I'm not paying a fortune to get the job done. Is there anything that vinegar can't do?

Getting things done with small people around the house can be tricky. Planning with kids has some ideas that are both sensible and straightforward. I know it's not a new post, but it totally holds up.

Now I'm off to tackle a flat space reclamation. Wish me luck!


0 comments:

Being agile

Keeping the house running smoothly is not my forte. I'm not one of those people with a beautifully lit, flawlessly styled, immaculately clean homes. If you're looking for that sort of site, keep searching.

This site is for people who want to try a new approach to getting organized. One that isn't perfect, but is good enough. This is about applying project methodology to the home and getting it running the agile way.